Family Health


Family Health Does What?

MAHUBE-OTWA Family Health provides confidential health and wellness services to men and women regardless of income, race, religion, age or marital status. Services include health education, reproductive health services (birth control and contraceptives), physical exams, pregnancy testing, Gardasil Vaccine, and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing and treatment.

How much does it cost to go to a Family Health Clinic?

  • MAHUBE-OTWA is an Essential Community Provider and serves all patients, regardless of their financial limitations.
  • No one is refused family health services because of inability to pay.
  • All incomes and insurances are accepted, including Medical Assistance (MA), MinnesotaCare (MNCare), and Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP).
  • All fees are based on a sliding fee that is based on your income and family size.
  • We encourage you to make small payments as you can, if you cannot afford to pay in full.

I’m under age 18. Do I need my parent’s permission?

  • Minnesota laws allow minors to receive family planning services without parental consent.
  • Just like any other medical facility, confidentiality is priority.

What is an STI?

  • Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) are groups of contagious diseases transmitted through intimate sexual contact.
  • Each STI has a different cause, symptoms, and treatment. The most common STI’s are Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), and Herpes Simplex Virus II.
  • STI symptoms include burning, discharge, open sores, itching in genital area; however, many people have STI’s with no symptoms.
  • Anyone who has reason to believe that they have been exposed to an STI should be examined by a clinician.

What does it mean to be a designated ECP?

  • An Essential Community Provider (ECP) is a health care provider that serves high-risk, special needs, and underserved individuals.
  • As an ECP, MAHUBE-OTWA provides or coordinates supportive and stabilizing services to patients, such as transportation, child care, linguistic services, and culturally sensitive and competent services.

How do I make an appointment?

  • News